Sunday, June 3, 2018

Verses of my life...part 1.

It takes but one broken heart to turn a lovers futile words into poetry. I myself, have endured more than one heartbreak, though that makes me no more or better a poet than the next foolish romantic. To have a heart so willing and able to love....and so absent the love of another....has to be the heaviest cross I have bared throughout my entire life. I wonder is it better to feel nothing at all?

______________________

Take me with you
to that place you go
Where no one visits
and few have known
A place of secrets
and chosen cares
A world inside you
that no one shares
Your heart so guarded
like a fortress it seems
You let no one get closer
give no one the key
I see what awaits me
and like a fool I still try
This solitary man
does no wrong in my eyes
I long for his tough
to glimpse what lies inside
I fight indecision
I swallow my pride
Yet all that I do
and all that I say
Means nothing to him
for he's happy this way

But still my heart aches
for this man that can't give
Who refuses to love
yet still thinks he lives
I wish he would take me
to that place that he hides
Wish I was special enough
that he would let me inside
But the truth is unkind
and things aren't what they seem
Reality strikes -
and destroys all my dreams
For the passion I felt
and the heart that I shared
Was given all to a man
who in turn, never cared...

No comments: